EVENTS and NEWS
TESCO BAG FUND
The Nature Reserve is calling for votes to bag a share of the Tesco bag fund. Please support us when you shop at Tesco
Tesco teamed up with Groundwork to launch its community funding scheme, which sees grants of £4,000, £2,000 and £1,000, raised from carrier bag sales in Tesco stores, being awarded to local community projects.
Three groups in every Tesco region have been shortlisted to receive the cash award and shoppers are being invited to head along to Tesco stores to vote for who they think should take away the top grant. Ladycross Nature Reserve is one of the groups for September and October.
At the moment there is no community building or electricity at the reserve. With your help we are improving our visitor facilities by providing a mobile activity room powered by solar panels.
Voting in all Tesco stores in the region is open throughout September and October. Customers will cast their vote using a token given to them at checkout in store every time they shop.
For more information about he Tesco scheme, please visit: www.tesco.com/bagsofhelp
ARTS and CRAFTS EXHIBITION and CAFE held on July 15th
This event raised over £1000 towards the cost of our new Activity Room and the access road to it. Our thanks go to the organisers, helpers, bakers, artists and all who attended - you made it the great success it was.
A list of raffle prize winners can be obtained from Joan by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
September Fungus Foray
- Gordon Simpson will be holding our annual Fungus Foray on the afternoon of Saturday, September 23rd. Why not make a note in your diary.
More about this nearer the time.
Robin and Mole
- Colin Jewitt describes an interesting encounter with a smart robin. READ
- Colin Jewitt describes the effect the mild weather is having on mistle thrushes and crossbills. READ
It's a beech mast year
- Colin Jewitt on the link between beech mast and bramblings. READ
Things to look out for in November
- Colin Jewitt on what you might see in and around the reserve this autumn.
A multi-lingual thrush?
- It is worth listening to the language of winter thrushes. READ
New Bird Hide
Our new two-person bird hide is now in place in an elevated position overlooking the big pond. It provides excellent views over the water and also into the reeds and willows surrounding the pond. Click here for booking information